Prisons and jails are a unique environment, to that end, we recognise that regular consulting fees are not a viable option, so we have changed things up to better suit the environment.
Although we still have a small consulting fee, most of our income is derived from a bonus structure linked to outcomes – quite simply – no outcome, no bonus!
This means two things:
- You get your outcome/s before we get our money (normally it is the opposite way around!); and
- It is in our own best interest to achieve the outcomes agreed.
Our service and payment scheme has been shifted completely in favour of our clients; exactly the way we think it should be.
Below are more details regarding our Service Offering, feel free to browse at your leisure; or Contact Us today to discuss how we can help you.
Recruitment & Staffing
Having recruited hundreds of staff for prisons/jails in different jurisdictions, we offer tried and tested methodologies relative to both start-up (commissioning) as well as functional centre recruitment including:
- Assistance with position description development;
- Assistance with position advertising and application shortlisting;
- Facilitation of aptitude, psychometric and medical testing along with consideration of testing results;
- Coordination and participation in interviewing and reference checking;
- Preparation and submission of criminal history check/police check documentation;
- Preparation and submission of documentation relating to Instruments of Authority (or equivalent in your jurisdiction);
- Preparation of Offers & Contracts of Employment and collation of responses;
- HR administrative duties including the collation of personnel files, arranging uniform fittings and issuing uniform items;
- Design and implementation of a full onboarding schedule.
Efficient recruitment, training, professional development and staff support services will improve staff satisfaction and engagement. With this in mind, we can provide advice on how to:
- Reward positive performance and behaviour;
- Instil a culture of support and celebration;
- Deal with issues efficiently, effectively and consistently;
- Improve staff engagement;
- Reduce staff turnover;
- Reduce sick leave levels;
- Reduce overtime costs;
- Reduce annual (holiday) leave liability;
- Address toxicity in the workplace.
Even with efficient staff related services, you will still require robust IR processes and we will therefore guide you on how to:
- Effectively negotiate Enterprise Agreements/Collective Bargaining Agreements;
- Implement Joint Consultative Committee Meetings between Union representatives and your management;
- Introduce performance management processes and the setting of Key Performance Indicator targets for managers and supervisors;
- Measure and track performance effectively;
- Know what constitutes effective performance management evidence;
- Understand the difference between bullying and performance management;
- Handle the performance management of employees effectively including how and when to have the difficult discussions regarding poor performance or behaviour;
- Understand the importance of consistency of message;
- Recognise and address bullying, harassing and intimidating behaviours;
- Handle staff grievances;
- Commission and conduct staff investigations;
- Prepare disciplinary documentation, conduct disciplinary hearings, prepare and deliver disciplinary outcomes;
- Prepare termination documentation and terminate employees.
Health & Safety at work
We assist with:
- The design of Safe Work Practices;
- Assessing current workers compensation claims and advice on how to progress these to finalisation and close-out;
- Details of what to include in claim responses;
- Recommended strategies to reduce Workers Compensation insurance premiums and claim rates.
Human Resources Process implementation
We assist you to:
- Design staffing plans;
- Design and implement rosters and roster variations;
- Design and implement human resources Policies and Procedures;
- Design and introduce an Annual (holiday) leave plan;
- Design and introduce a Personal (sick) leave process;
- Design and introduce a positive Performance Review processes.
Coaching, Mentoring & Professional Development
- Coaching and mentoring of supervisors and managers, both custodial and non-custodial;
- Assessment of individual skills, abilities & qualifications and consideration of skill gaps and training needs;
- Advice on how to implement professional development plans for future leaders;
- Tailor-made training programs and workshops to meet your requirements;
- Assistance with the development of a succession plan.
We are able to:
- Conduct a partial or full centre-wide restructure;
- Decommission units or entire prisons/jails and provide outplacement services to the displaced staff and managers;
- Coach managers in change management.
- Preparation of tender responses relating to staffing plans and Human Resources functionality;
- Preparation of a training strategy and budget.